Looking for new BWS

Post here with your questions and comments about choosing a backwoods cooker, ask people who are using them now to share their experiences with you.

Looking for new BWS

Postby Porterhouse » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:38 pm

I am in the market for a new BWS. Torn between the "Party" or "FatBoy". I do mostly backyard cooking events with about 20-30 people. Am considering to do some competitions once i get more time. Can anyone help with the pro's and con's of these two BWS units, and what accessories are a must.
Which type of fuel is preferred lump or briquette charcoal?
Porterhouse

Re: Looking for new BWS

Postby AKinTN » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:06 pm

In my opinion, The Fatboy is worth the extra cost. It's a heavier built smoker and will do great for your needs. I would advise adding a BBQ guru to get temperature control.
AKinTN

Postby burke » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:22 pm

I was facing the same decision, same parameter (backyard cooking, maybe a competition in the future). I just ordered a Fatboy yesterday. If you equip them the same S.S doors, upgrade firebox, 2" insulation the cost between them is minimal. That is one reason I choose the Fatboy, the other is that I want this to be the last one I buy, not looking to get a starter model and then upgrade in a year or two.

Burke
anxiously waiting for delivery
burke

Postby glenntm » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:44 pm

I agree with what AKinTN said. For the added cost the Fat Boy would be better.
I.A.B. 30 BBQ
Phoenix, AZ

Backwoods Gator
Backwoods Party (2)
Backwoods Chubby
glenntm

Return to Help with Choosing a Backwoods Cooker