considering buying my first backwoods

Post here with your questions and comments about choosing a backwoods cooker, ask people who are using them now to share their experiences with you.

considering buying my first backwoods

Postby mjljr13 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:02 am

I have got an offset smoker from accadamy sports I've competed with it and have actually done very well but now its time to step up and get something that will help me win. But I'm torn should I go with a backwoods or something like a meadow creek, or lang? I want something big enough to compete on and the backwoods has a lot of accessories that I'm not really sure what they all are. Does anyone have any advice?? Thanks!
mjljr13

Re: considering buying my first backwoods

Postby RickC » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Multiple postings on the same subject is not the best way to start off on this forum. I deleted the multiple ones that asked the same thing and the one with nothing but gibberish. Remember that trolls will be squashed here.

If you are actually interested in the Backwoods Smokers:
Yes, they are amazing tools for preparing anything from cheese to prime rib. Even the smallest and least expensive model, the Chubby is used in competition and at home and does a fantastic job in both places.

Welcome to the forum. Remember search is your friend on the site, you can find most any question you have has already been answered. If you don't find your answer ask and you will get an answer.
Rick
"I carry a gun, 'cause a Cop is to [sic] heavy"
RickC

Postby Bob S » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:39 am

mjljr13 wrote:I have got an offset smoker from accadamy sports I've competed with it and have actually done very well but now its time to step up and get something that will help me win. But I'm torn should I go with a backwoods or something like a meadow creek, or lang? I want something big enough to compete on and the backwoods has a lot of accessories that I'm not really sure what they all are. Does anyone have any advice?? Thanks!

The only accessory that is really needed is the heat diverter. Casters will most likely be needed depending on the size of the cooker you get and how you want to transport it. They are easily added after you get it and you can save some money doing it yourself.
WSM
Weber Performer
Weber Genesis Gasser
Blazin' Buttz BBQ Team
Bob S

Postby RiverCityRub » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:36 pm

Bob S wrote:The only accessory that is really needed is the heat diverter. Casters will most likely be needed depending on the size of the cooker you get and how you want to transport it. They are easily added after you get it and you can save some money doing it yourself.

+1 on the heat diverter.
Theron
RiverCityRub.com

Piglet
Upgraded Party
RiverCityRub

Postby RickC » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:36 pm

RiverCityRub wrote:The only accessory that is really needed is the heat diverter. Casters will most likely be needed depending on the size of the cooker you get and how you want to transport it. They are easily added after you get it and you can save some money doing it yourself.

+1 on the heat diverter.

I really agree with that. Mike should make the heat diverter standard on all the BWS's.
Rick
"I carry a gun, 'cause a Cop is to [sic] heavy"
RickC

Return to Help with Choosing a Backwoods Cooker