Pickup or delivered?

Post here with your questions and comments about choosing a backwoods cooker, ask people who are using them now to share their experiences with you.

Pickup or delivered?

Postby twisterbret » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:56 am

Hi all

I have 2 dealers near me but they need to order the Party and it's shipped directly to me. I was trying to avoid this rather large shipping charge.
Is shipping of the units normal? I'm located in NJ so picking up from Backwoods is pretty much out but I would be willing to drive a few states away.

Thanks!

Bret
Twisterbret
twisterbret

Postby Captain-que » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:18 pm

Bret,
All dealers are going to work differently, but mine worked out a great deal. I had my Competitor shipped in a combined crate with 2 party models and the three of us split the freight. We had it delivered to one central location and we all agreed to meet. My dealer is here in Chicago, so that won't help you, but you could ask if they have other orders pending and if this would be a possibility.
Merrill
"The Powers of BBQ"
Captain-que

Postby Billm » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:03 am

i did the same thing Merrill..had mine combined with another cooker that was shipping to my area ..saved a bunch on shipping
--Average consumers replenish their supply of barbecue sauce every 54 days. Source: ACNielsen, as reported in American Demographics,
Billm

Postby twisterbret » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:33 am

Thanks guys. I found some cheap shipping but it turned out to be a old price. Shipping has increased further. All most to the point of taking a few days and making the long drive seem well worth it.
I wonder if there's any money becoming a Backwoods Smoker Delivery Man :D
Twisterbret
twisterbret

Postby Vinny » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:07 pm

Bryan Luke in Cissna Park, IL has partys in stock. You might find out his price. Might save you some driving.

Vinny
"Never trust a skinny cook"
Vinny

Postby smokinit » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:56 am

PM you got a guy in NJ just sold one to could still combine an order and save you some change
BWS Competitor
NY BWS Dealer
www.purpleporkmasters.com
smokinit

Return to Help with Choosing a Backwoods Cooker