Used BWS Competitor For Sale - Ankeny, IA

Use this forum to connect with people who are looking to buy or sell used Backwoods Cookers.

DO NOT post any other brands for sale. Your post will be deleted, and your user name will be banned.

Used BWS Competitor For Sale - Ankeny, IA

Postby Water Tower BBQ » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:16 pm

I’ve decided to sell my BWS Competitor because I just don’t have the time to give to competition bbq. This is a great cooker, but I just don’t have the time to use it that I wish I had. It cooks great and with the guru attachment, will really hold it’s temps. Last year at a comp, I lit the pit at 10:30 pm and ran on one load of charcoal at 275ºF until 10:00 am and it could have gone longer if I wanted it to. I recently replaced the pit door gasket and I have a new bottom door gasket that will go with this pit. I’m also selling one of my BBQ Guru DigiQ II units with the 10 cfm Pit Viper fan and pit probes. I’ve added a heat diverter and 5” casters. These casters make it easier to load on to a ramp trailer because they don’t fall between the trailer and the gate. This pit also has a removable water pan and two thermometers. I replaced both of the thermometers with new Tel-Tru thermometers.

New price for a similar unit would be:
BWS Competitor: $3269
Guru Adaptor: $ 61
Heat Diverter: $ 56
Casters: $ 213
BBQ Guru DigiQ II: $ 271
Total: $ 3871

My asking price is $2750. You can reach me at:
watertowerbbq at gmail dot com

Matt
Head Cook Water Tower BBQ
KCBS judge